The Hand in Hand Festival Team is committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment, where everyone can participate and enjoy the full festival experience. As an Inclusion Coordinator volunteer, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring that attendees with access requirements have a seamless and enriching festival experience. You will be the first point of contact for all accessibility needs and will work closely with performers to gather information and provide support with accessibility requirements.
Accessibility Point of Contact
- Be the friendly and approachable face of the festival for those with accessibility needs
- Treat everyone with the utmost courtesy and respect
- Act professionally with appropriate sensitivity to all forms of accessibility needs, ensuring no judgements are made on levels of support required
- Respond to enquiries in a timely manner, escalating queries to the Festival Team as appropriate
- Ensure means of contacting you are clearly communicated, offering a range of communication channels.
- Be prepared to lead a small team should the workload demand additional volunteer resources.
Performer Accessibility Coordination
- Liaise with festival performers to gather information regarding their accessibility needs and requirements ahead of the event.
- Act as a bridge between performers and festival organisers to make sure reasonable adjustments are discussed, agreed in advance and jointly met, where possible.
Accessibility Planning and Implementation
- Collaborate with the Festival Team to develop, and put into action, an accessibility plan that addresses a diverse range of accessibility needs.
- Assist in identifying and securing necessary resources, such as accessible seating, sign language interpreters, and assistive technology, to meet accessibility requirements.
Data Collection and Analysis
- Keep comprehensive records of all accessibility requests and requirements in accordance with GDPR guidelines.Making sure performer data is accurate, secure, up-to-date and analysed to spot trends and areas that may need attention.
- Work with the festival team to ensure any relevant information is shared in a sensitive and secure manner i.e. individual / bespoke resource requirements
- Work together with our communications team to create and share accessible information with attendees, including accessibility maps, guides, and schedules.
- Promote the festival’s commitment to inclusivity and accessibility through various channels.
- Be on-site and contactable during the festival to provide real-time support and coordination to attendees with accessibility requirements.
- Assist in ensuring that all accessibility accommodations are in place and functioning as intended prior to the event starting..
- A passion for promoting inclusivity and accessibility, especially for events.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Empathy and the ability to interact with individuals of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Organisational skills to manage performer accessibility data effectively.
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices and regulations would be preferred.
This is a volunteer position that requires a commitment leading up to and during the Hand in Hand Festival, which will take place from the 16th to the 18th of August 2024. You will also be expected to attend periodic planning meetings, contribute to volunteer training and attend briefing sessions ahead of the event..
How to Apply:
If you’re keen to help make the Hand in Hand Festival an accessible and inclusive experience for all, and feel you have the relevant skills, simply drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience. In your email, please share a bit about yourself, your experience and why you’re interested in the role.
Join us in creating a festival atmosphere where everyone feels embraced and welcome. Your dedication as an Inclusion Coordinator will help us ensure that individuals of all abilities can connect, explore their passions and be a part of this amazing event with no barriers.